Safe and Ecological Preservation of Bamboo

Safe and Ecological Preservation of Bamboo

From what I’ve read thusfar, it seems that chemical treatments will be most effective, and I am searching for a solution that will be environmentally safe, to both nature and the inhabitants. Any recommendations, especially with regards to being situated in southern Ghana (a hot and humid climate with two distinct rainy seasons each year)?

Filling Bamboo Joints with Cement

Filling Bamboo Joints with Cement

I saw some info about creating strong bamboo joints when using Guadua in building construction, especially adding cement to the joints. I recall threaded rod and hardware being used, and possibly rebar as well. I would love to see more detailed info and/or videos about that. Perhaps there are some good videos on the site already that I have missed.

How to Join a Bamboo Pyramid?

How to Join a Bamboo Pyramid?

I am using guadua as the corner posts for a pyramid. Any suggestions as to how to join these at the top would be greatly appreciated. The lengths of the posts will be 8.5m, the pyramid base 9m x 9m. The height at the apex 6.5m. We need to get the joint exactly right to ensure the energetics of the structure are correct. Suggestions as to how to raise the posts are also appreciated.

Can Bamboo Plantations Produce Quality Timber?

Can Bamboo Plantations Produce Quality Timber?

I am a Kenyan and I have just come across a farm selling bamboo seedlings that produce solid bamboo trees. I have searched for more information and it has led me to your website which has inspired me more. In the next 1 or 2 months I plan to plant 150 seedlings of bamboo. I plan to produce poles for fencing and building purposes.